This program is for the mediation of disputes involving Children’s Protective Services, Juveniles, Special Education, Truancy, & Victim - Offender.
Mediations typically last 2- 4 hours and are conducted during business hours Monday through Friday.
Common disputes in this program involve:
- Child removal from the home
- Juvenile issues - property damage, minor assault etc.
- Year-round schooling, special education program eligibility etc.
- Failure to attend school (truancy)
- Minor assaults, property damage (by adult or minor)
- Other Matters
Please contact the Dispute Resolution Center at (713) 274-7100 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) to discuss mediation with a Case Manager or send an email to
and briefly explain the nature of your dispute.